A Briton in Brittany 12 !
It has been some time since I last took up my pen (Keyboard? Keys?) to pen a Cyclefit blog, but a lot has happened since the previous edition!
I won’t bore you with a relentless inundation of details, but:
- Finished University in France, moved back to UK
- Graduated from Exeter with the Bachelors of Law and from Rennes with the Masters of EU Law
- Job-searches in London fizzled out with the same distressing depletion as my overdraft, finally culminating in a bike crash
- Stitches to knee and head, cuts and bruises elsewhere. All well until the calf flared up with a phantom infection- cue readmittance and potent IV antibiotics- but all good now!
- Moved back to Parents’ house outside Exeter to save money, job-search ongoing.
- Visit to Hyde Park to watch the ‘men in bikinis’ (memorably termed by Phil) at the Olympic Triathlon. Well done Brownlee Bro’s!
Actually, that was pretty much relentless. Sorry!
I’m not really sure what else I have to add for now. Lots of job-searching going on, potential accommodation moves, etc in the very near future. Once I have got settled into permanent residence with equally regular employment I will let you all know.
Massive thanks to Phil, Jules, Barna, Robyn, Morgan and all the crew at Cyclefit who have continued to be brilliant friends and sponsors during all the upheaval and change this year. Once I’ve regained full fitness and focus I’ll be starting to lay the foundations to what will be a fantastic 2013. I feel naked now without a stripy jersey.
All that remains to be said is that perhaps it’s time to rename the blog? No longer in Brittany! Suggestions please on a postcard, to the usual address…. email@example.com