Making Up The Numbers
Lighter, stiffer, more compliant. Pick all three! Data doesn't lie. And Trek's brand new Emonda SLR Disc and heavily revised Emonda SLR have been conceived and innovated within Trek's R&D and SLR carbon division to break rules records and hearts. The Inclusion of a disc version Émonda with a weight less than the previous Émonda non-disc is frankly astonishing - 665 (g) v's 690 (g).
And the new Émonda SLR frame at 640 (g) is simply the lightest frame the world has ever seen, or is likely to see for a while! The new Émonda is at the same time stiffer around the BB and headtube as well as more compliant in the Y (vertical) axis. Incredible.
What is new about the Émonda frame?
* Émonda SLR/SLR Disc uses Trek’s propriety OCLV 700 Series carbon and
* All-new Émonda SLR frame is 50g lighter!
* It’s stiffer and more vertically compliant than the current Émonda.
* Émonda SLR Disc receive flat-mount disc brakes. Equipped with 12mm front and rear thru-axles and 160mm rotors.
- Direct mount brakes are new to
* Émonda SLR bikes are now equipped with Control Freak cable management for a cleaner aesthetic
What do the new frames weigh?
- Émonda SLR – 640g
- Émonda SLR Disc – 665g
What do the forks weigh?
- Emonda SLR/SL – 313g
- Emonda SLR Disc – 350g
Stock Émonda bikes can be ordered now but supply will be limited. Émonda SLR/SLR Disc will be available on Project One from July 10th
Trek Émonda SLR 9 Preview
Trek Émonda SLR 8 Disc Preview
Trek-Segafredo Tour bikes coming soon to Project One